The program is designed exclusively for students who wish to work in positions of leaders and managers, cadres and civil servants working in state and local management agencies and enterprises, officers working in managerial positions in state and local government units. Furthermore, the program is designed for those who wish to be promoted in their career or to enhance their knowledge and skills to become professional managers in the rapidly growing and integrated economy.
Students will study for the duration of 2 years in their home countries; the program also includes 3 modules, 9 course subjects, master thesis seminar and thesis work.
What is now the University of Tampere began in 1925 in Helsinki as an institution generally referred as a Civic College. It was felt that large sectors of the population and especially young people in the rural areas were in need of enhanced popular education. In the 1960s, the institution moved to Tampere. Within six years student intake increased fivefold. The specialized college duty expanded into a multi-faculty university.
To this day, the University of Tampere has retained its strong orientation to society, to public and private services and to professional university education. The University becomes Finland’s biggest provider of higher education in the field of social sciences and the accompanying administrative sciences. In its teaching and research, the University takes a critical approach to phenomena in society. Its experts engage in the societal debate both through their publications and through the mass media; their opinions are sought after and their words carry weight in discussion and decision-making.
The University of Tampere is renowned for its high-quality teaching. The University is also keen to develop into an international research university with extensive co-operation networks in teaching and research throughout Europe and beyond. The main forms of internalization are mobility of students, researchers and teachers and the master’s programs offered in fields in which the University is especially strong.
Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/WU4v3ciEZKLE4Oyp1
- Training program is continuously updated in accordance with the international standards
- Graduates of ISB-MPA will receive a degree granted by the University of Tampere, Finland
- Faculty members have extensive expertise and experience in teaching international business courses and are committed to the constant development of students according to Western methodology
- Modern and dynamic learning environment
- Graduate students will gain many opportunities for advancement and important positions in the private as well as local government organizations
- Academic writing and reading in English, 5 ECTS (UEH)
- Research methods, 5 ECTS (UEH)
- Public administration reforms and trends, 10 ECTS (UTA)
- Strategic management in public sector, 10 ECTS (UTA)
- Public financial management, 10 ECTS (UTA)
- State and local budgeting, 10 ECTS (UEH)
- Economics for developing countries, 10 ECTS (UEH)
- Human Resource Management, 10 ECTS (UEH)
- Public policy and programme evaluation, 10 ECTS (UEH)
- Seminar for master's thesis, 40 ECTS (UTA)
The MPA program is offered for 2 main subjects: officer group and leader group
- Students participating in the program must have a bachelor degree or equivalent in the field of economics, finance, public administration, management and related field.
- Students under the officer group need to prove their English proficiency for academic purposes. (Minimum IELTS = 6.0, Toefl iBT = 70, Toefl pBt = 450 or other equivalent evidence of their sufficient English skills for academic purposes upon the starting of the main MPA programme). IELTS and TOEFL scores are valid for two years after the test date.
- Students under the leader group are expected to pass the four month English language proficiency course organized by UEH
- Application form (as sample)
- Curriculum Vitae (as sample) with personal photo certified by the heads of the applicant’s organization or local governments where the candidate resides (for people without a job)
- Sufficient health clearance certificate for study
- One certified copy or duplicate of bachelor degree (plus one certified copy of translated documents). Candidates with bachelor degree other in the field of the economics must submit certification of additional courses organized by the University of Economics.
- One certified transcript (plus one certified copy of translated document)
- Evidence of English proficiency (if any)
- Three photos 4x6 (taken within one year) with name, date of birth, place of birth on the back photo
- Two envelopes with stamps and receiver’s address
- The letter of motivation
- One certified copy of national identity card or passport